There isn’t a single person who fancies paying their premiums for auto insurance, especially knowing they could lower their rates if they shopped around. Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, Geico and Progressive all claim big savings with advertising and it is difficult to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates before your next renewal because auto insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the lowest rate a year ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the easiest way to buy cheaper auto insurance.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Sartell is quite easy. Minnesota drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare rates over the internet.
Many insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and Geico allow consumers to get coverage prices online. Getting online quotes is very simple as you just type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. Behind the scenes, the system automatically retrieves your credit score and driving record and provides a quote based on these factors. Online price quotes makes it simple to compare prices but the time it takes to visit many different websites and complete many quote forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s very important to do this if you want to find the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
A more efficient way to locate the lowest prices requires only one form that analyzes rates from multiple companies. The form is fast, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes quoting online much easier to do. Once the form is submitted, your coverage is rated and you can select your choice of the price quotes you receive. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. It only takes a few minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To find out what other companies charge, click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
Discount Sartell auto insurance rates
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a course in driver safety is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- E-sign – Certain larger companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount when shopping for auto insurance.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies that may offer quotes with these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. Some credits may not apply in Sartell. To view insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Minnesota, click this link.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Is Minnesota a no-fault state?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Get more affordable auto insurance with these tips
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the things that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
- Big cities have higher premiums – Residing in a rural area can save you money when buying auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Gender and auto insurance prices – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Males and females are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- How credit rating affects auto insurance prices – Credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores. If your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by repairing your credit.
- Avoid coverage lapses – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Save money with higher physical damage deductibles – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Do you really need the extra policy coverages? – There are quite a few additional coverages that can add up if you aren’t careful. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If your car or truck has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
But the ad said I’d save 15% in 15 minutes!
Minnesota consumers can’t get away from all the ads that claim the cheapest premium rates from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and Geico. They all advertise the message of big savings if you change your policy.
How is it plausible that every one can claim to save you money?
Different companies quote their cheapest rates for the driver that earns them the most money. A good example of a desirable risk should be a married male, is a homeowner, and chooses high deductibles. Anybody who matches those parameters will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and will probably cut their rates substantially.
People who do not meet the “perfect” profile may receive higher rates which leads to the customer buying from a different company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “people that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can save as much as they claim. That’s why companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great prices. Because of this risk profiling, drivers must get price quotes at each policy renewal. Because you never know which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Compare but don’t skimp
Discount auto insurance is possible online and from local insurance agents, so you need to with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented many ideas to compare auto insurance rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, Geico and Progressive.
Additional detailed information can be found at the Minnesota Department of Commerce website. Minnesota consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, read state legal mandates and laws, and find out industry alerts.