Shopping for probably sounds like a formidable task if you haven’t ever used rate quotes online. Don’t be overwhelmed because we’re going to show you how.
You need to quote other rates periodically because auto insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best price last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the only way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every policy discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you .
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from home and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Online Discount – A few larger companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on the internet.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To find providers who offer cheap auto insurance quotes in Temecula, follow this link.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance company rates is to know the trick most of the larger companies provide online access to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as if a SR-22 is needed, any included safety features, the make and model of your vehicles, and how much you drive. That information is then sent to many different companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Five ways to find auto insurance at a discount in Temecula
Many things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you drive makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates are usually for smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Never have auto insurance policy lapses – Driving without insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
- Cheaper to insure females? – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both genders get in auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Liability – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in when you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Temecula auto insurance agent
Some consumers still like to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local.
By using this short form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Temecula who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How long has their agency been open in Temecula?
- How are claims handled?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Temecula for you
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents can be categorized as either independent or captive. Either type can handle auto insurance, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Captive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be captive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to use the same agent primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are captive insurance agents in Temecula that can give you rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 43057 Margarita Rd # C104 – Temecula, CA 92592 – (951) 694-5330
- Allstate Insurance – 32140 Us Highway 79 S # 205 – Temecula, CA 92592 – (951) 302-8040
Independent insurance agents are not restriced to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to include multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Temecula that can give you price quote information.
- Chapman Agency Insurance – 31280 Vescado Dr – Temecula, CA 92592 – (951) 693-9246
- Westland Insurance Brokers – 28120 Jefferson Ave # 202 – Temecula, CA 92590 – (951) 506-4647
- Bryant Insurance – 43471 Ridge Park Dr # B – Temecula, CA 92590 – (951) 699-2002
For more licensed insurance agents in Temecula, see this complete selection of Temecula, CA insurance agents.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Consumers in California can’t ignore all the ads for auto insurance savings by companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all advertise the message that people will save after switching your coverage to them.
That’s great but how can every company lower your premium rates? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver that will be a good risk. A good example of this type of risk profile could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 45, owns their home, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Anybody who meets those qualifications will probably get the lowest premium rates as well as save a lot if they switch.
Potential customers who may not quite match those criteria will probably have to pay a higher premium and ends up with business going elsewhere. The trick is to say “customers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can truthfully lure you into getting a quote. That is why drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It is just not possible to predict the company that will be your best fit.
Quote often and quote early
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective auto insurance is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Temecula agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
For more information
More detailed California auto insurance information can be found at the California Department of Insurance website. California drivers can get help finding coverage, find a variety of consumer forms, find disaster information, and learn about insurance regulations.