If price shopping car insurance online is new to you, it’s easy to get overwhelmed due to the large number of online companies all offering big savings in New Castle.
It’s a great practice to compare prices occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. If you had the best price on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about car insurance on the internet, so I’m going to show you a lot of great tips on how to stop overpaying for insurance.
Buying more affordable car insurance in New Castle is simple if you know the tricks. Basically, anyone who is shopping for car insurance stands a good chance to be able to find lower rates. But Pennsylvania drivers must comprehend the way companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in New Castle, Pennsylvania
All the larger car insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive give price estimates online. The process is fairly straightforward as you simply enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. When complete, their system orders information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on these and other factors.
Online quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but the work required to visit a lot of sites and complete many quote forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it is imperative to perform this step in order to get the lowest possible prices on car insurance.
There is a better way to compare rates
A less time-consuming method to lower your car insurance bill utilizes a single form that analyzes rates from more than one company. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes quoting online much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, it gets priced and you are able to buy any or none of the resulting price quotes.
If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. The whole process only takes a few minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To save time and compare rates now, click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will be getting a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
How insurance companies determine rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
- Better credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit rating is a important factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your by improving your credit score.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated Pennsylvania areas regularly have traffic congestion and longer commute times. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most car insurance companies will award you with lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Situations that might require an agent
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
One last thing about your coverage
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Affordable car insurance can be found both online as well as from independent agents in New Castle, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Much more information about car insurance in Pennsylvania is available on the Pennsylvania Insurance Department website found here. Pennsylvania drivers can find out which companies have the most complaints, find disaster information, report car insurance fraud, and get help finding coverage.