Shopping online for New Rochelle car insurance may seem to be difficult if you’re new to quoting online. But don’t let that discourage you because using the internet to shop for car insurance is actually quite easy.
You should make it a habit to compare prices yearly because prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the lowest price six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn the quickest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save some money using this strategy. Locating cheaper coverage in New Rochelle is quite easy. But New York vehicle owners must learn how big insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Fast and Easy New Rochelle Car Insurance Quotes
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. By far the easiest way to compare insurance prices consists of shopping online. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This type of form saves time by eliminating repetitive form entry for every car insurance company. One simple form gets you price quotes from several companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A more time consuming way to compare prices requires visiting the website of each company to request a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from State Farm, Safeco and Allstate. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in New Rochelle, click here.
- The most time-consuming method to get comparison rates is to waste gas driving to different New Rochelle agent offices. Shopping for car insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the professional advice only provided by licensed New Rochelle agents. Drivers can compare online quotes and still use a local agent.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use identical information for every company. If you compare mixed coverages it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in New Rochelle. Slightly different insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. It’s important to know that quoting more helps locate lower pricing.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Should I buy only the required New York minimum liability coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Aren’t my neighborhood agents an option?
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in New Rochelle who will compete for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy! You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping.
Choosing an insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How long has their agency been open in New Rochelle?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
New Rochelle insurance agencies are either independent or captive
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agents from which to choose. Agents are categorized either independent or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Captive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from captive agents partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of captive insurance agents in New Rochelle that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 626 North Ave – New Rochelle, NY 10801 – (914) 712-3000
- Allstate Insurance Co – 778 Main St – New Rochelle, NY 10805 – (914) 633-1400
- North American Family Inst – 48 Burling Ln – New Rochelle, NY 10801 – (914) 235-4726
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in New Rochelle that are able to give price quote information.
- Maxwell/Torpie Agency – 556 North Ave – New Rochelle, NY 10801 – (914) 576-1515
- E B Insurance – 200 North Ave – New Rochelle, NY 10801 – (914) 576-4995
- Armetta Agency – 75 Seaview Ave – New Rochelle, NY 10801 – (914) 235-7888
- DCAP Insurance – 680 Main St – New Rochelle, NY 10801 – (914) 633-4000
- Maisonave Agency Inc – 240 North Ave # 205 – New Rochelle, NY 10801 – (914) 654-4895
For a complete listing of licensed insurance agents in New Rochelle, please view this page.
After receiving answers to your satisfaction and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles.
More detailed New York car insurance information can be found at the New York Department of Financial Services website. Visitors are able to find out which companies have the most complaints, file complaints about a company, read consumer alerts, and read state legal mandates and laws.