Wish you could get out of an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, many Pearland consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy. Online insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive promote their brand names with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes before your next renewal since insurance rates change frequently. Even if you got the lowest rate two years ago you will most likely find a better price today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the only way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Finding affordable coverage in Pearland is not rocket science. Nevertheless, Texas car owners must learn the methods companies use to sell online.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Some insurance providers don’t list all their discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Pearland may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver Safety – Passing a defensive driving course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Progressive discounts include good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, multi-car, pay in full, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, distant student, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, safe driver, good student, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple policy, good student, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, air bags, and driver training.
- SAFECO includes discounts for bundle discounts, teen safe driver, multi-car, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for newly married, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, and newly retired.
When quoting, ask every company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer discounts in Pearland, click here to view.
Additional auto insurance information is located on the Texas Department of Insurance website found here. Consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find out industry alerts, get help finding coverage, and discover disciplinary actions.
The following articles may also be useful.
Smart consumers save more
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered many ways to reduce auto insurance car insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding . Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a small local company. They may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.