Nobody cherishes buying car insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high. Big companies like GEICO and Progressive constantly blast consumers with ad campaigns and it is difficult to ignore the propoganda and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest price on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. There is a lot of bad information regarding car insurance online, so we’re going to give you some good information on how to put money back in your pocket.
Car Insurance Comparison Rates in Phenix City, AL
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can be exhausting if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way to do it. You can spend your afternoon talking to insurance agencies in Phenix City, or you can stay home and use online quotes to get prices fast.
Many insurance companies belong to a marketplace where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and at least one company can provide price quotes based on that data. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to each company. To compare rates using this form now click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to using this type of system is that consumers can’t choose which carriers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to compare prices, we have a page of companies who write car insurance in Alabama. View list of Alabama insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make darn sure you compare identical information for each comparison quote. If you enter different deductibles it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best in Phenix City.
Cut your premium with discounts
Companies don’t list every discount very well, so here is a list some of the more common and the more hidden car insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Lower your Phenix City Car Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine car insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Even a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Letting your insurance expire will be a guaranteed way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Alabama motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers like real estate brokers, architects and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as pilots, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare rates to ensure the best deal.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Special features that cut premiums – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
Some consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is sent to companies in Phenix City who will battle for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Best insurance agency in Phenix City
When searching for a good Phenix City insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Phenix City can either be independent or captive. While both can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it can impact your agent selection.
Captive agents work for only one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Captives cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Phenix City captive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 3614 Highway 431 N – Phenix City, AL 36867 – (334) 297-1188
Allstate Insurance – 1418 14th St – Phenix City, AL 36867 – (334) 291-0825
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
The following are independent agencies in Phenix City willing to provide rate quotes.
Stevens Agency – 3604 Highway 431 N – Phenix City, AL 36867 – (334) 480-9933
Mullin Insurance – 1311 9th Ave – Phenix City, AL 36867 – (334) 298-9377
Alfa Insurance Corp – 3304 Highway 80 W # 4 – Phenix City, AL 36870 – (334) 298-8716
Heritage Agency Inc – 1610 Broad St – Phenix City, AL 36867 – (334) 298-5500
For a full directory of Phenix City insurance agents, view this link.
Once you have positive responses to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can provide car insurance coverage.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Alabama?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Phenix City?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
More detailed Alabama car insurance information can be read at the Alabama Department of Insurance website. Alabama consumers can read consumer alerts, learn about specific coverages, discover disciplinary actions, and file complaints about a company.
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers in Alabama can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you switch to them.
How can each company claim to save you money?
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For example, a driver they prefer might be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who fits that profile receives the best rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who fall outside the “perfect” profile will be charged higher premiums which usually ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s the way companies can advertise the way they do. That is why drivers should get as many quotes as possible. Because you never know which company will fit your personal profile best.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to compare car insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper car insurance can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Phenix City, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.