High-priced car insurance can diminish your budget and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, Geico and Progressive continually hit you with advertising and it is difficult to ignore the propoganda and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Finding affordable coverage in Lincoln City is easy if you know what you’re doing. Oregon consumers just need to know how to buy car insurance online.
How to buy car insurance in Lincoln City, OR
Performing a rate comparison can be a lot of work if you don’t know the best way to get rate quotes. You can spend your afternoon discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in Lincoln City, or you can stay home and use online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
All the larger companies enroll in a system where prospective buyers only type in their quote data once, and at least one company returns a rated price determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To get comparison pricing now click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to pricing coverage this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which carriers you will receive quotes from. If you wish to select specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of car insurance companies in Oregon. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using the exact same coverage limits with each company. If you are comparing different coverage information it will be nearly impossible to truly determine the lowest rate in Lincoln City.
Save with with these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Geico, Progressive, and Allstate will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- No Claims – Lincoln City drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Paperwork-free – Certain car insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing online.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Esurance may include discounts for good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, safety device, online shopper, homeowner, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, bundle, anti-theft, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- AAA has savings for AAA membership discount, multi-car, good student, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Geico offers discounts for military active duty, membership and employees, good student, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, driver’s education, passive restraint, safe vehicle, good student, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
If you need , ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not apply in Lincoln City.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Additional Oregon car insurance resources
Additional information is located on the through this link. Consumers can learn about specific coverages, find out industry alerts, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and read industry bulletins.