Are you irritated from paying out the nose to make your car insurance payment? You have the same problem as many other vehicle owners in Virginia. There is such a variety of insurers to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, more options can take longer to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Shopping for the best coverage in Franklin can be fairly easy. If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Virginia drivers only need an understanding of the best way to compare price quotes online.
Performing a rate comparison can be challenging if you don’t know the best way to get rate quotes. You can spend countless hours driving to insurance companies in Franklin, or you could use online quotes to quickly compare rates.
Most of the best insurance companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and every company returns a rated price based on that information. This eliminates the need for form submissions to every company.
To compare pricing click here to start a free quote.
The only downside to pricing coverage this way is you don’t know exactly which carriers to get pricing from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers to compare rates, we have a listing of low cost car insurance companies in Virginia. Click here to view list.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just make sure you use identical deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If you are comparing differing limits it’s impossible to determine which company has the best rates in Franklin.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some need to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better prices.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, safe vehicle, good student, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, online shopper, and good driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid vehicle, new move discount, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, new graduate, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for safe driver, air bags, anti-theft, teen driver, and company car.
- Geico discounts include military active duty, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply in Franklin. For a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Virginia, click here to view.
Buying car insurance from Franklin insurance agencies
A lot of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Franklin.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-117.jpg" alt="Franklin Virginia car insurance prices”/>
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Franklin who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you are searching for a local agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies from which to choose. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either independent agents or captive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence which type of agent you select.
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Franklin who may provide free price quotes.
Abby Insurance – 1100 Armory Dr # 106 – Franklin, VA 23851 – (757) 562-5700
Nationwide Insurance – 300 N Main St – Franklin, VA 23851 – (757) 562-3419
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are captive agencies in Franklin who can help you get rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 114 W 2nd Ave – Franklin, VA 23851 – (757) 562-4669
To find agencies near you, visit this complete selection of Franklin Virginia car insurance agencies.
Picking the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How long has their agency been open in Franklin?
After getting good feedback to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
Car insurance can get complicated
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Virginia?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Virginia minimum liability coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Additional information is available on the website for the Virginia Bureau of Insurance. Click here for link. Visitors are able to file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, read industry bulletins, and report car insurance fraud.
More related Franklin car insurance information:
- Learn How to Lower Your Premiums for Franklin Auto Insurance
- Franklin Auto Insurance Savings the Insurance Agents Dont Want You to Know About
- Free Quotes for Cheaper Auto Insurance Pricing From Insurance Agents in Franklin
Quote more, save more
We just presented a lot of techniques to shop for car insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Geico and State Farm.
There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents. Low-cost car insurance is definitely available online and with local Franklin insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price.