Saving money on Goddard car insurance is always hard for drivers who have little experience comparing prices online. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can be a difficult challenge to locate the lowest price in Kansas.
Consumers need to compare prices occasionally because insurance prices change frequently. Even if you got the best deal two years ago you can probably find a better rate now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to find better coverage at a better price.
Finding affordable coverage in Goddard is not rocket science. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Kansas drivers just need to understand how to compare price quotes over the internet.
Most of the larger companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get prices for coverage on the web. This process is quite easy as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. After you submit the form their quoting system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote.
This helps simplify price comparisons, but having to visit several different sites and type in the same information is a big time waster. But it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the lowest car insurance rates.
A quicker way to find lower prices uses one form to obtain quotes from many companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires much less work on your part, and makes rate comparisons much easier to do. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated and you can select any or none of the quotes that you receive. If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. This process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here to open in a new tab and enter your information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you are getting a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Save $399 a year? Really?
Consumers in Kansas can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price car insurance by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads advertise the message about savings if you switch to them.
It sounds good, but how can they all claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies quote their cheapest rates for a prospective insured that will not have excessive claims. For example, a preferred risk may be a female over age 40, has had continuous coverage, and insures a new vehicle. A customer that matches those criteria will get low prices and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don’t meet the requirements must pay a more expensive rate and this results in the customer not buying. The trick companies use is to say “drivers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can truthfully make those claims. This emphasizes why you should quotes from several different companies. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which company will have the best premium rates for your profile.
Drivers save money with these money-saving discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Goddard Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, defensive driver, membership and employees, air bags, and federal employee.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including accident prevention training, homeowner, safe driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, safe vehicle, multiple policy, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, good student, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century has savings for defensive driver, homeowners, student driver, air bags, good student, theft prevention, and 55 and older.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find , ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be available in Goddard. If you would like to view companies that offer some of these discounts in Kansas, click here.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Goddard who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Kansas?
The following is a list of car insurance companies in Goddard who can help you get price quote information.
- Robert Murphy Agency – 19922 W Kellogg Dr, Goddard, KS 67052 – (316) 794-2285
- Suburban West Insurance – 701 N Goddard Rd # D, Goddard, KS 67052 – (316) 794-2511
For a comprehensive listing of agents near you, you may want to link to this page of Goddard insurance agents.
More tips and info about car insurance is available at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, find disaster information, and discover disciplinary actions.
Don’t give up on lower rates
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver and poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
The cheapest car insurance can be purchased online in addition to many Goddard insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
When getting , it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.