Shopping for low-cost Prattville car insurance on the web can be intimidating for people who are new to comparison shopping online. With so many choices of companies in the marketplace, how can consumers possibly compare the different rates to find the best available price?
How to Compare Car Insurance in Prattville, AL
Cutting your Prattville car insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. All that’s required is to invest a little time to compare quotes online with multiple companies. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do a different quote to each individual car insurance company. A single, simple form gets rate comparisons from many national carriers.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- Another way to compare rate quotes requires visiting the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Geico, State Farm and Allstate. To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Prattville, click here.
Whichever way you use, make sure you use exactly the same coverages and limits for each price quote. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate in Prattville.
Don’t miss these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
Additional information is located on the Alabama Department of Insurance website found here. Consumers can discover disciplinary actions, find disaster information, get help finding coverage, and find out industry alerts.
Additional helpful sites include Wikipedia and this page of insurance agents in Prattville.