Comparing can be difficult since most people haven’t used online quoting. But don’t be dismayed because comparing rates is actually very simple.
Quote Price car insurance online
Lowering your car insurance rates can be quick and easy. The only requirement is to take the time getting comparison quotes from online providers. It’s super easy and can be done by using one of the methods below.
- The most efficient way to find low rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing separate quotes for each price estimate. A single form will get you rate comparisons direct from many companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A more difficult way to find lower rates requires you to visit each company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, we’ll pretend you are doing a rate comparison from Auto-Owners, Esurance and Geico. In order to compare rates, you need to spend time going to each site individually and punch in your information repeatedly, which can be really labor intensive.
To view a list of companies in Price, click here.
- The least efficient way to find lower rates is to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the peace of mind that only a licensed agent can provide. You can, however, comparison shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage data on every price quote you get. If you enter different values for each quote it will be very difficult to make a fair comparison in Price.
Discounts can really help lower premiums
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance carriers give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Early Signing – A few companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Paper-free Discount – Many larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few companies who may offer these money-saving discounts include:
If you want , ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be available in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies with discount rates in Utah, click this link.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Price who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How are they compensated?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Price?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you need to find an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies to choose from. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or captive. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Captive agencies receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people use the same captive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Below are captive agencies in Price that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 161 E 100 N – Price, UT 84501 – (435) 637-3344
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 475a E Main St – Price, UT 84501 – (435) 637-8900
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Price who can help you get price quotes.
- Tatton Insurance – 854 E 100 N – Price, UT 84501 – (435) 637-1848
- Price Insurance – 54 W Main St – Price, UT 84501 – (435) 637-3351
For more insurance agents in Price, you can visit this list of insurance agencies in Price.
Car insurance can be complex
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Five tips to get lower Price car insurance costs
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is. It’s important that you understand some of the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower rates.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Even one ticket can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Drivers with severe tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Does auto insurance cost less for women? – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Both genders are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Having an address in areas with lower population can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Residents of big cities tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Annual miles is a factor – The more miles you rack up on your car every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Make sure your car insurance policy states the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Affects performance affects auto insurance costs – The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The lowest rates will generally be found on low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like denial of a claim, policy cancellation, poor customer service or even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
Cheaper car insurance is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to compare car insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more you , the higher your chance of finding . You may even find the lowest prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Even more information can be found at the Utah Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to find out industry alerts, find out which companies have the most complaints, and report car insurance fraud.
Other related articles: