Cutting costs on Prior Lake auto insurance is difficult for drivers who have little experience quoting and comparing rates online. Because there are so many insurance companies available, it can easily turn into a difficult mission to find the perfect company for you.
Consumers need to quote other rates before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best premium rates a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn the best ways to save money.
Locating the cheapest coverage in Prior Lake can be fairly easy. If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Minnesota drivers just need to understand the tricks to shop for auto insurance over the internet.
Getting a low cost price on insurance is an easy way to save money. The only requirement is to take time comparing online from several insurance companies. Price comparisons can be done using one of these methods.
- The most recommended method to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do a different quote for each price estimate. Completing one form gets rate comparisons from several companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more difficult way to get quotes online is to manually visit the website for every company you want to comare and repeat the quote process. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare prices for USAA, 21st Century and State Farm. In order to get each rate, you would have to spend time going to each site individually and type in your information over and over, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of companies in Prior Lake, click here.
- The most difficult way to comparison shop rate quotes to each insurance agency near you. Comparing rates online makes this unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained advice of a local agency. However, consumers can get prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
Whichever way you use, make sure you use the exact same deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If you enter unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to get a fair rate comparison in Prior Lake.
Do you qualify for discount auto insurance?
Some insurers don’t list every available discount very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- E-sign Discounts</strong – A handful of auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up over the internet.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The best auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, driver training, 55 and older, student driver, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, good driver, multiple autos, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly married, multi-policy, new move discount, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, and multi-car.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in every state. To locate companies who offer online auto insurance quotes in Minnesota, click here.
Much more information about auto insurance in Minnesota can be found on the website for the Minnesota Department of Commerce through this link. Consumers can view a list of available companies, find disaster information, download brochures, and find a variety of consumer forms.