Beginners to price shopping car insurance online are likely to find purchasing is more work than they anticipated.
It’s a good habit to quote other rates occasionally because prices change regularly. Even if you got the best deal last year other companies may now be cheaper. Don’t believe everything you read about car insurance online, but we’re going to give you some great ways to buy car insurance cheaper.
Reduce your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Renewal Discounts – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to your current policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Theft Deterent – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To view insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
Car insurance buyers beware
North Carolina consumers can’t avoid all the ads that claim the lowest prices by Allstate and Progressive. All the companies state the claim about how much you will save if you change your coverage.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-51.jpg" alt="Elizabeth City North Carolina car insurance“/>
How is it plausible that every one can charge less that you’re paying now? It’s all in the words they use.
Most companies require specific criteria for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. A good example of this type of insured might have to be a married male, insures multiple vehicles, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any new insured who meets those qualifications may get the lowest prices in Elizabeth City and will also save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who fall outside those standards will be charged higher premiums and ends up with the customer buying from someone else. The trick is to say “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. This is how companies can truthfully make claims like that.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to compare price quotes frequently. It’s impossible to know the company that will provide the lowest auto insurance rates.
For more North Carolina car insurance information
Additional car insurance information can be found on the through this link. North Carolina drivers can download brochures, report car insurance fraud, read consumer alerts, and view agent and company licensing information.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just covered many ways to save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting . You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with an unexpected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim, policy cancellation and policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.