Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Online insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive promote their brand names with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the deception and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Buying car insurance in Statesboro is quite easy. Nevertheless, Georgia consumers must comprehend the methods companies use to price online insurance.
Finding Car Insurance in Statesboro
Most companies such as State Farm and Allstate give coverage price quotes on their websites. Getting quotes is fairly simple as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. When complete, the system gets your driving and credit reports and returns a price. Quoting online simplifies rate comparisons, but having to visit many different websites and complete many quote forms gets old quite quickly. Unfortunately, it is important to do this in order to get a lower rate.
The preferred way to compare car insurance pricing makes use of a single form that gets price quotes from many companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes online price comparison much easier. As soon as the form is sent, it is quoted and you can select any one of the quotes that you receive. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-63.jpg" alt="Statesboro Georgia insurance quotes“/>
In order to compare rates using this form now, click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the coverage information identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount very well, so here is a list both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Statesboro can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will give a small break simply for signing on their website.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Georgia?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Do no-fault laws apply in Georgia?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Even more information can be found at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Georgia drivers can read consumer alerts, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and learn about specific coverages.