Have you had enough of being strong-armed to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other car owners in Oklahoma. Many insurers compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a company and get the best coverage at the best rates possible.
You need to compare rates quite often since insurance rates change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price last year you will most likely find a better rate today. So just forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the best way to find lower rates on car insurance.
Compare Quotes for Durant Car Insurance
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is actually quite simple. Just take a couple of minutes to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The best way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This type of form eliminates the need for separate quotation requests for every car insurance company. A single form will return quotes from all major companies.
- A harder way to analyze rates consists of visiting the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Liberty Mutual, Progressive and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in Durant, click here.
- The hardest way to get comparison rates to and from local Durant insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the personal advice of a licensed agent. However, consumers can price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
Whichever way you use, ensure you’re using exactly the same information for each comparison quote. If you use different deductibles it will be next to impossible to make an equal comparison in Durant.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
But buying car insurance online seems impersonal
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Durant who will compete for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. How cool is that?!
Choosing a company requires more thought than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How long has their agency been open in Durant?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
Auto insurance agents in Durant come in two varieties
When searching for an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies to choose from. Durant agents are categorized either independent or captive. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it can impact the selection process.
Captive agencies can only place business with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are well schooled on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a list of captive insurance agencies in Durant who can help you get comparison quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 924 W Evergreen St – Durant, OK 74701 – (580) 924-8888
Shelter Insurance – 1201 Main St – Durant, OK 74701 – (580) 924-0411
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Durant that are able to give price quotes.
Win Insurance – 224 W Evergreen St # 110 – Durant, OK 74701 – (580) 931-3000
United Insurance – 3910 W Highway 70 – Durant, OK 74701 – (580) 920-1818
Jordan Hoefer Agency – 4007 W Highway 70 – Durant, OK 74701 – (580) 924-1964
To view a full list of insurance agents in Durant, click here to link.
After getting positive responses as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets your needs to provide car insurance coverage.
Learn more about Oklahoma car insurance
More detailed Oklahoma car insurance information can be read at the Oklahoma Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, read consumer alerts, learn about insurance regulations, and read industry bulletins.