Finding the best price on Tinley Park car insurance may seem to be difficult if you’re new to online quoting. But don’t let that discourage you because online price shopping is actually quite simple.
Consumers should take time to compare prices every six months since rates change quite often. Just because you had the best rates two years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to find better coverage at a better price.
Finding affordable coverage in Tinley Park is not that difficult. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Illinois vehicle owners just need to learn how to buy car insurance online.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may receive reduced rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
To choose providers with the best car insurance discounts in Illinois, click this link.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine premiums.
- Older drivers save more – Young drivers in Illinois tend to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Jobs such as judges, social workers and financial analysts have higher average rates because of stressful work requirements and long work days. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, engineers and retirees get better rates.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Performance influences rates – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Liability coverage protects you – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Your local neighborhood insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent. Agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to companies in Tinley Park who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to your email. How cool is that?!
Deciding on an provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Illinois?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Two types of Tinley Park insurance agents
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Agencies in Tinley Park can either be captive or independent (non-captive). Both write coverage properly, but it’s good to learn how they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents work for only one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, Farmers Insurance or Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Captives are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only purchase coverage from captives primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of captive insurance agents in Tinley Park who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 17732 Oak Park Ave # H – Tinley Park, IL 60477 – (708) 429-0337
- Farmers Insurance Group – 8200 185th St – Tinley Park, IL 60477 – (708) 342-2080
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Tinley Park independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Country Co Insurance – 17732 Oak Park Ave – Tinley Park, IL 60477 – (708) 633-6491
- Country Insurance and Financial – 17054 Oak Park Ave – Tinley Park, IL 60477 – (708) 614-1688
For a complete listing of insurance agents in Tinley Park, click here to link.
Upon getting positive feedback to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your car insurance policy.
Additional car insurance links
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the Illinois Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, read industry bulletins, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and discover disciplinary actions.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just showed you some good ideas how to get a better price on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Budget-conscious car insurance can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Tinley Park agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions or denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right car insurance provider is actually quite simple.