Have you had enough of not being able to afford each month for car insurance? You are no different than millions of other consumers.
Many auto insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive lowest rate possible.
It’s smart to compare prices quite often because insurance rates trend upward over time. If you had the best rates a couple years back a different company probably has better rates today. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the only way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all available discounts very well, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies permit an accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Club Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Cedar Rapids may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
To choose providers offering auto insurance discounts in Iowa, click this link.
How to Get Auto Insurance in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
There are several ways you can shop for auto insurance but there is one way that is less time-consuming than others. You can spend your afternoon driving to local insurance agents in Cedar Rapids, or you could use online quotes to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many of the larger companies take part in a program that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and each company then returns a price quote based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests for every auto insurance company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to using this type of form is that you can’t choose which providers you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to pick specific insurance companies to request quotes from, we have a page of companies who write auto insurance in Iowa. Click here for list of insurance companies in Iowa.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverages and limits for each price quote. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to determine the best price in Cedar Rapids. Slightly different coverage limits can make a big difference in price. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes helps locate the best price.
Best coverage at the best price
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone dropped collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.