Being forced to pay for overpriced auto insurance premiums can diminish your savings and force you to prioritize other expenses. Shopping your coverage around can save money and help to lower your monthly bill.
You have multiple insurers to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, it can be more challenging to get the best deal.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but a few need to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their compared to accident prone drivers.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Renewal Discounts – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your policy premium.
If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
To get , there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from different Woodbury insurance companies. The recommended way to find cheaper rates is to use the internet to compare rates. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The recommended way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This type of form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for every prospective company. Just one form will get you price quotes from many national carriers.
- A less efficient way to analyze rates requires you to visit the website for every company you want to comare and request a quote. For instance, we’ll assume you need rates from Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Farmers. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which is not fast way to get rate quotes. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Woodbury, click here.
- The least efficient and most time consuming method to shop rates is driving around to insurance agents’ offices. Doing it all online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the peace of mind of a local agency. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
Compare rates however you want, just make sure you are using apples-to-apples coverages with every price quote. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be nearly impossible to make a fair rate comparison in Woodbury. Quoting even small variations in limits can result in a big premium difference. It’s important to know that comparing more rates from different companies will increase your chances of finding the best price. Some companies don’t provide rate quotes online, so it’s important to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Lower-priced auto insurance can be sourced both online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.