Feel like you’re a prisoner to overpriced auto insurance? Trust us when we tell you many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. Insurance companies such as Progressive, State Farm and Geico constantly blast consumers with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flashy ads and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Finding the best rates in Arvada is quite easy. Colorado vehicle owners just need to know the most effective way to compare company rates on the web.
Low Cost Arvada Auto Insurance
Getting better auto insurance pricing can be quick and easy. The only requirement is to take a few minutes to get quotes online with multiple companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- One of the best ways to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for multiple quote forms for each company. Completing one form gets you price quotes from many national carriers.
- A harder way to shop for auto insurance online requires you to visit the website of each company to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s say you want to compare rates from Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Arvada, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but double check that you are using exactly the same coverage information on every quote. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best in Arvada.
Don’t listen to company ads
Colorado drivers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and Geico. They all seem to say the same thing about savings if you change your coverage to them.
How do they all say the same thing?<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-5.jpg" alt="lower rates in Colorado” />
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. An example of a preferred risk might be over the age of 50, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher premiums and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, you should compare many company’s rates. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
For a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the website for the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance located here. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, read industry bulletins, and find a variety of consumer forms.
In the end, you save
We covered a lot of ways to shop for auto insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Geico and State Farm.
Discount auto insurance can be bought both online and with local Arvada insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.