Finding affordable North Pole auto insurance is a challenge for beginners to buying insurance online. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a big hassle to compare prices in North Pole.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Distant Student – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
To choose providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Alaska, click here to view.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in North Pole, Alaska
Most companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO provide pricing directly from their websites. This process is quite simple as you simply type in the coverages you want into the quote form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system obtains information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on many factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the process of having to visit several different sites and type in the same information is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the best price on auto insurance.
The better way to compare rates
A more efficient way to lower your auto insurance bill utilizes a single form that gets prices from multiple companies. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes online price comparison a little more enjoyable. As soon as you send your information, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any of the price quotes you receive.
If you find a better price you simply finish the application and buy the policy. It only takes a few minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
If you want to compare rates now, click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will have comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
Make smart decisions and save
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help determine your auto insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings.
- Please use or commuting – The more miles you rack up on your car in a year the higher your rates will be. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Clean credit earns discounts – A driver’s credit score is a important factor in determining your rates. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your by improving your rating.
- Where you reside plays a part – Living in a small town is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Urban drivers regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages for personal injury protection, better glass coverage and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Your age impacts your rates – Older insureds are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Young drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Car insurance companies in Alaska generally give discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the ads have a common claim of big savings after switching your coverage to them. How can each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of a desirable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 50, owns a home, and has excellent credit. Any new insured who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don’t meet these standards will be quoted a higher premium and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why drivers should get quotes from several different companies. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
Do the work, save more money
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is easier than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Cheap auto insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood North Pole agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Some additional reading
More information is located on the Alaska Division of Insurance website through this link. Visitors are able to report car insurance fraud, learn about specific coverages, view agent and company licensing information, and find a variety of consumer forms.