There isn’t anyone who is fond of buying auto insurance, particularly when the price is too high. Numerous insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest rate possible.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. Buying car insurance in Franklin is not that difficult. But Indiana car owners must comprehend how insurance companies sell insurance online.
There are several ways to compare auto insurance prices but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can spend countless hours discussing policy coverages with agents in Franklin, or you could save time and use online quotes to quickly compare rates.
Most car insurance companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit their information once, and every company then gives them pricing based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms for each company you want a rate for. To find out what other companies charge click to open in new window.
The single downside to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify the providers to get quotes from. If you wish to select specific providers for rate comparison, we have assembled a list of auto insurance companies in Indiana. Click to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make darn sure you compare nearly identical coverage data for every company. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Franklin. Slightly different insurance coverages or limits could skew the results. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that more quotes helps locate lower pricing.
More affordable rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings as much as 30%.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to analyze driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Franklin Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the cost of coverage.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Geico offers discounts including federal employee, air bags, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers may offer discounts for early quote, save driver, continuous insurance, good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, and payment discounts.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, homeowner, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
If you need , ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply in your state. If you would like to view insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Franklin, click here.
Compare prices but work with a local Franklin insurance agency
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Franklin.
After completing this simple form, your information gets sent to insurance agents in Franklin who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are searching for a local agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either captive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you will want to contact independent agents to maximize your price options.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Franklin who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
American Insurance – 930 N Morton St – Franklin, IN 46131 – (317) 346-0062
Franklin Insurance – 359 N Us Highway 31 – Franklin, IN 46131 – (317) 736-8277
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents have only one company to place business with like Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive insurance agents are well trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are Franklin captive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – 1955 N 100 W – Franklin, IN 46131 – (317) 346-6906
Farm Bureau Insurance – 99 N Morton St – Franklin, IN 46131 – (317) 736-6128
State Farm Insurance – 2445 N Morton St – Franklin, IN 46131 – (317) 738-2722
For insurance agents in your area, view this list of auto insurance agents in Franklin, IN.
Choosing a auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Indiana?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Much more information about auto insurance in Indiana can be read on the website for the Indiana Department of Insurance through this link. Visitors are able to get help finding coverage, read state legal mandates and laws, view agent and company licensing information, and learn about insurance regulations.
The following articles may also be useful.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
As you shop your coverage around, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheap auto insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many Franklin insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.