Are you sick and tired of paying out the nose to buy car insurance? You are no different than most other car owners in Washington.
Insurance companies such as State Farm and Geico all promote huge savings with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s important to compare prices periodically because prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the best deal two years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to quote online to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost in Kirkland
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rates from different in Kirklandinsurance companies. The best way to find the lowest rates is simply to get online rate quotes. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- One of the simplest ways consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. A single form will return price quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices.
- Another way to get quotes online requires you to visit each individual company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Progressive, Farmers and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in Kirkland, click here.
- The least recommended method of comparing rate quotes is driving to different Kirkland agent offices. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the professional advice only provided by licensed Kirkland agents. You can, however, obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
However you get your quotes, make darn sure you compare the exact same coverage information for every quote you compare. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to determine the best price in Kirkland. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits could mean much higher rates. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- College Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying auto insurance.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
To choose insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Washington, click here to view.
Tips to Get Lower Kirkland Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates enables informed choices that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- Where you live – Living in a rural area can save you money when talking about auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect higher rates. Car insurance companies in Washington provide lower rates to people who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Don’t I need to talk to an agent?
A small number of people prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important particularly in Kirkland.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Kirkland who will compete for your business. You won’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy! It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agents are either captive or independent (non-captive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by any specific company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you include at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Kirkland who may be able to give you rate quotes.
Alan C WYNN Insurance – 13705 115th Ave NE – Kirkland, WA 98034 – (425) 821-7555
Chris Blankenship Agency – 60 Lake Shore Plz – Kirkland, WA 98033 – (425) 889-8478
Joe Hughes Agency – 8570 122nd Ave NE – Kirkland, WA 98033 – (425) 889-9638
Bobby L Locke Insurance – 12504 116th Ave NE # B – Kirkland, WA 98034 – (425) 821-1717
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are captive agents in Kirkland that can give you comparison quotes.
Farmers Insurance Group – 8244 122nd Ave NE – Kirkland, WA 98033 – (425) 889-4443
Allstate Insurance – 903 5th Ave # 202 – Kirkland, WA 98033 – (425) 827-4660
To view a complete directory of captive insurance agents in Kirkland, please click here.
Selecting an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Washington?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
After receiving positive feedback to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets your needs to provide auto insurance coverage.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Kirkland?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Washington?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Washington?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Much more information about auto insurance in Washington can be read on the website for the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner found here. Washington consumers can view agent and company licensing information, get help finding coverage, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Lower-priced auto insurance is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Kirkland, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.