Feel like you have overpriced auto insurance? Believe me when I say you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse. Numerous car insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to find the absolute best rate
The quickest method we recommend to compare rates is to know the fact most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including if the vehicle is leased, if you’re married, driver details, and how you use your vehicles. The rating information is instantly submitted to multiple companies and you will get price comparisons instantly.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and enter the information requested.
Quote cheaper auto insurance with these tips
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are more transparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-38.jpg" alt="lower rates in Washington” />
- Do you need those extra policy coverages? – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Experienced drivers pay less – Youthful drivers in Washington are proven to be easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Adding a youthful driver to your policy can cause a big jump in price. More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure .
- Men pay more for auto insurance – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Certain employers pay higher premiums – Jobs like judgespolice officers and miners have the highest rates because of high stress levels and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like professors, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
- High credit scores save money – A driver’s credit rating can be a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit scores.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you file a lot of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Washington generally give most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
Auto insurance policy discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every possible discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you . If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their compared to accident prone drivers.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application on their website.
- Monroe Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Data Collection Discounts – Monroe drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down could be rewarded with better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Theft Deterent – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for homeowner, distant student, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, alternative fuel, and early shopping.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, seat belt use, federal employee, five-year accident-free, driver training, multi-policy, and daytime running lights.
- Esurance may include discounts for anti-theft, renters, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, DriveSense, and paid-in-full.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including accident prevention training, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, teen safety rewards, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Monroe. To view companies offering auto insurance discounts in Washington, follow this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help highlight if you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Smart shoppers get results
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding . Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional information can be read on the website for the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner through this link. Washington consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, view a list of available companies, get help finding coverage, and file complaints about a company.
The following information may also be useful.