Have you had enough of sacrificing other expenses to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are no different than most other vehicle owners in Louisiana. Big companies like GEICO and Progressive continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to ignore the propoganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers need to do price comparisons yearly because car insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best deal a year ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out how to use the internet to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Buying car insurance in Ponchatoula is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although Louisiana car owners do need to learn how the larger insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Most larger insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get coverage prices on the web. This process is quite easy as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want into a form. Upon sending the form, their quoting system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered. Online quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but having to visit each company’s website and repetitively enter the same data into a form is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the lowest possible prices on car insurance.
There is an easier way!
A more efficient way to get multiple rate quotes uses one simple form to obtain quotes from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes rate comparisons much easier to do. As soon as you send your information, it gets priced and you can choose any one of the pricing results.
If a lower price is quoted, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. The entire process takes just a few minutes to complete and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in a new tab and input your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will be getting a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Big name companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive seem to constantly run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the same claim about how much you will save just by switching your coverage. That’s great but how can every company claim to save you money? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Companies give the best rates for a prospective insured that earns them the most money. For example, this type of driver might be a married female, has no tickets, and has great credit. Any driver who fits those characteristics receives the best premium rates and therefore will save some money.
Potential customers who fall outside these standards may be required to pay higher premiums and the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how insurance companies can make claims like that.
This really illustrates why drivers should quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance companies offer lots of discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having all your vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will give a small break on the web.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower prices.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Ponchatoula may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course in safe driver could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your .
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used car can save you some money since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurers who offer free car insurance quotes in Louisiana, click here.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
More information is located on the Louisiana Department of Insurance website. Click here for link. Louisiana consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, learn about specific coverages, and report car insurance fraud.
One last thing about your coverage
Budget-conscious car insurance is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.