Are you intimidated by the dozens of car insurance options in Mandan? Many other drivers are as well. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a big hassle to find better rates.
Cheap Mandan Car Insurance Comparisons
All the larger car insurance companies give insurance quotes on the web. The process is pretty painless as you simply enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, their rating system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information based on these factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time it takes to visit a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms gets old quite quickly. But it is imperative to do this if you are searching for a lower rate.
The better way to compare rates
The smarter way to find lower prices uses one simple form that obtains quotes from a bunch of companies at once. This type of form saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online price comparison a little more enjoyable. After your information is entered, it is rated and you can choose any or none of the quotes that you receive. If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. This process takes 15 minutes at the most and may result in a nice savings.
If you want to compare pricing, simply click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you will receive a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Car insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. They all seem to say the same thing about savings if you move to them. How does each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk could be a mature driver, a clean driving record, and drives newer vehicles. Any driver who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who fall outside these standards will be charged higher premiums which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. That is why you need to get as many quotes as possible. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Educated Consumers Know How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- How’s your driving record? – Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Only having one ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. If you have serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Where do you drive? – The more you drive each year the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your car insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most insurance companies give discounts to customers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies do not advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts in North Dakota, click here.
Is my situation unique?
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What are North Dakota no-fault laws?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Your local neighborhood insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will battle to get your business. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. How cool is that?! You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby.
Deciding on an provider should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Below are agents in Mandan that can give you comparison quotes.
- Independent Insurance Svc – 2612 9th Ave NW, Mandan, ND 58554 – (701) 663-1423
- New Horizon Insurance – 110 2nd Ave NW, Mandan, ND 58554 – (701) 663-4019
For a full directory of insurance agents in Mandan, visit this site.
Upon getting reasonable responses to these questions and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance company that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, poor customer service, high prices or policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Lower-priced car insurance can be bought on the web and with local Mandan insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
We’ve covered many tips how you can get a better price on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at the North Dakota Insurance Department website. Consumers can read industry bulletins, find out which companies have the most complaints, and discover disciplinary actions.