Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can dwindle your bank account, especially in this economy. Comparing price quotes is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill. Because you have many car insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to find the right car insurance company.
How to Compare Freeport Car Insurance Costs
Finding cheaper car insurance prices is a fairly straight forward process. Drivers just need to take time to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms to each individual car insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets rate comparisons .
- A more difficult way to get comparison quotes requires visiting each company’s website and request a quote. For instance, we’ll assume you want to compare GEICO, Progressive and State Farm. You would have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Freeport, click here.
- The hardest method to compare rates is to waste gas driving to different Freeport agent offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the trained guidance only provided by licensed Freeport agents. It is possible to compare the best prices online and get advice from an agent in your area. We’ll cover that shortly.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you are comparing identical quote information with each company. If you use different limits and deductibles on each one it will be next to impossible to make a fair comparison in Freeport.
How to know if you need help
When choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Freeport?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Do I need a local agent?
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Educated insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Freeport who will battle to get your business. You don’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy!<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-23.jpg" alt="New York car insurance prices”/>
Deciding on a company shouldn’t rely on just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How are claims handled?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Do you need an independent or captive auto insurance agent?
When searching for a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies to choose from. Agencies in Freeport are categorized either independent (non-captive) or captive. While both can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it can impact the type of agent you choose
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include Liberty Mutual, Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Captive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a list of captive agencies in Freeport willing to provide price quote information.
Allstate Insurance Co – 149 W Merrick Rd – Freeport, NY 11520 – (516) 868-7900
These agents are not locked into one company but instead can place your coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you should always contact at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
Below are Freeport independent agents that can give you price quotes.
DCAP Insurance – 17 W Sunrise Hwy – Freeport, NY 11520 – (516) 379-8900
Insurance Depot – 120 E Merrick Rd – Freeport, NY 11520 – (516) 377-2826
Wright Agency – 93 S Main St – Freeport, NY 11520 – (516) 379-6480
Frank Bradford Agency Inc – 294 W Merrick Rd – Freeport, NY 11520 – (516) 378-0908
American Agency Inc – 140 S Ocean Ave – Freeport, NY 11520 – (516) 223-0500
To view a full list of Freeport insurance agents, please view this page.
Once you have received acceptable answers to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can properly service your car insurance policy.
Additional detailed information is located at the New York Department of Financial Services website. New York drivers can find disaster information, file complaints about a company, and find a variety of consumer forms.