Shopping for the lowest cost Burlington auto insurance on the internet can be rather challenging for people who are new to price shopping online. With dozens of online companies, how can anyone effectively compare the different rates to find the best price?
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes occasionally because rates change frequently. Just because you had the lowest price on your last policy you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance online, so we’re going to give you some tested techniques to slash your auto insurance rates.
This article will help educate you on the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. Although Iowa car owners do need to understand how insurance companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Cut your premium with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- College Student – Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
How to know if you need help
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Do I need a local agent?
Some people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local businesses is definitely important in Burlington.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Burlington who will compete for your coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier! You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Burlington insurance agents come in two flavors
When researching a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Burlington agents are either captive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not required to write business for one company but instead can place your coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you should always contact multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies which can save you money.
The following are independent agencies in Burlington who can help you get price quote information.
- Mark Warth Agency – 1707 Mount Pleasant St – Burlington, IA 52601 – (319) 753-0986
- Bob Green Insurance – 825 N 6th St # 2 – Burlington, IA 52601 – (319) 752-3620
- R L Preis Agency – 218 N 3rd St # 711 – Burlington, IA 52601 – (319) 753-1212
- Cecil E Green Insurance – 1722 S 10th St – Burlington, IA 52601 – (319) 752-5574
Captive agencies work for only one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captives receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often purchase coverage from captives mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are captive agencies in Burlington who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 218 Jefferson St # 1a – Burlington, IA 52601 – (319) 752-3530
- American Family Insurance – 601 Jefferson St – Burlington, IA 52601 – (319) 752-1479
- State Farm Insurance – 2723 Mount Pleasant St – Burlington, IA 52601 – (319) 752-1236
- Shelter Insurance – 160 S Central Ave – Burlington, IA 52601 – (319) 752-6771
To view a complete directory of Burlington captive insurance agencies, go to this page.
Choosing a car insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Iowa?
After getting reasonable responses to these questions and a good coverage price, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to provide auto insurance coverage.
Additional information is located on the Iowa Insurance Division website through this link. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, download brochures, find disaster information, and file complaints about a company.
Other related articles:
- Follow These Proven Ways for Cheaper South Burlington, VT Auto Insurance
- Is Your South Burlington Car Insurance Too High? Here is How to Save Money
- Free Quotes for the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates From the Best Insurance Agents in Burlington
One last thing
Budget-conscious auto insurance is attainable on the web and with local Burlington insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your auto insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.