Expensive auto insurance can drain your savings account and make it hard to pay other bills. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Finding the best rates in Parkersburg is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Nevertheless, West Virginia consumers need to learn how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Which Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Parkersburg, WV?
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from different in Parkersburg, WVinsurance companies. The best way to find the cheapest insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The fastest way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This form eliminates the need for repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. Just one form will get you price quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices.
- A different way to analyze rates is spending the time to visit the website for every company you want to comare to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Progressive, Liberty Mutual and Farmers. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Parkersburg, click here.
- The hardest method of getting rate comparisons is to spend your day driving to different Parkersburg agent offices. Shopping for auto insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the professional advice that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area.
Whichever way you use, ensure you are comparing the exact same quote information for every quote you compare. If you enter mixed coverages it will be next to impossible to determine the best price in Parkersburg. Just a small difference in insurance coverages may cause a big price difference. Just remember that comparing more company’s prices will improve the odds of getting a better price.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount with a few auto insurance companies.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts in Parkersburg, follow this link.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
For more information
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at the West Virginia Insurance Commission website. West Virginia consumers can view agent and company licensing information, read industry bulletins, learn about insurance regulations, and download brochures.