Locating the cheapest Russellville auto insurance may seem to be somewhat difficult for vehicle owners new to comparison shopping over the internet. Since there are so many companies in the marketplace, how are vehicle owners able to possibly compare the different rates to find better auto insurance prices?
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts to help offset the cost. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their than drivers with accident claims.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles could earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
To locate insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Kentucky, click here.
Shopping for lower auto insurance rates is a ton of work if you don’t understand the easiest way. You can spend your afternoon talking to agents in Russellville, or you can stay home and use online quotes to quickly compare rates.
Most of the best insurance companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their policy data once, and every company provides a quote based on the submitted data. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests for each company.
To compare rates using this form now click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to doing it this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which carriers you will receive quotes from. So if you want to select individual companies to compare, we have a listing of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Kentucky. Click here for list of insurance companies in Kentucky.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure you’re using the same coverage limits with each company. If you use different deductibles then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best in Russellville.
Why smart consumers get better rates in Russellville
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better auto insurance rates. Lots of things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Responsible credit scores equal low prices – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. If your credit can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your vehicle if you improve your credit rating.
- Bundle home and auto and save – The majority of insurance companies allow lower prices to buyers that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Prices and your address – Having an address in areas with lower population can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Guys pay higher rates – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Do you need those add-on coverages? – Policies have optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Coverages for personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your car scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and damage from wind. The more money you have to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
One last thing to lower rates
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Budget-friendly auto insurance is definitely available on the web and with local Russellville insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost.
Much more information about auto insurance in Kentucky is located on the website for the Kentucky Department of Insurance. Click here for link. Visitors are able to learn about specific coverages, report car insurance fraud, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Russellville