Scraping up a payment for pricey auto insurance can dry up your funds and make it tough to pay other bills. Performing a price comparison can help to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
There are many insurers to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more challenging to find a good deal.
Finding low cost auto insurance rates is a great way to save money. The only thing you need to do is take the time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished by following the guidelines below.
The most efficient way consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This style of form saves time by eliminating separate quotes for each company. One quote request will get you rate comparisons from auto insurance companies with the best prices.
A harder way to shop for auto insurance online is to take the time to go to the website for every company you want to comare and go through the quote process again. For example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Nationwide, 21st Century and GEICO. To do that, you would have to go to each individual site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Monticello, click here.
The most time-consuming method to comparison shop rate quotes is driving around to each insurance agency near you. The ability to quote online eliminates this option unless you require the extra assistance that only an agent can give. Although you can comparison shop your insurance online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just do your best to enter identical coverage data on every quote you get. If the quotes have different deductibles it will be impossible to determine the best price in Monticello.
Discounts can really help lower rates
Some providers don’t always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can earn better auto insurancerates on cars that stay parked.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used car can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To locate companies who offer online auto insurance quotes in Monticello, follow this link.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
More information is available on the website for the Kentucky Department of Insurance found here. Consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, report car insurance fraud, and view agent and company licensing information.