Finding the best price on Bel Air car insurance is challenging if you’re new to quoting online. But don’t let that discourage you because there is an easy way to compare rates.
It’s important to check car insurance prices once or twice a year because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the lowest rates on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. There is too much inaccurate information about car insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get some great ideas on how to save money.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Bel Air is quite easy. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Maryland vehicle owners just need to know the most effective way to find the lowest price on the web.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in Bel Air, MD
Getting a lower price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. All you need to do is take a few minutes comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- One of the best ways to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form eliminates the need for multiple quote forms to each individual car insurance company. One form will return price quotes from multiple low-cost companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A less efficient way to analyze rates is spending the time to visit the website for each individual company to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Allstate, Esurance and Geico. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Bel Air, click here.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare identical coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits then you won’t be able to make a fair comparison in Bel Air.
Tips to Get Lower Bel Air Rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining car insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into premiums.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as real estate brokers, architects and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates due to high stress and long work hours. Other professions such as farmers, historians and homemakers pay the least.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a ton of extra coverages you can purchase on your policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get severe violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes have accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Sign Online – Certain companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies will forgive one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Maryland, click here.
Do the work, save more money
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, delays in responding to claim requests or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Budget-conscious car insurance is available online in addition to many Bel Air insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
We just covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on car insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest rates come from the least-expected company.
Additional detailed information can be found at the Maryland Insurance Administration website. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, read state legal mandates and laws, download brochures, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
Other informative sites include NAIC.org’s Understanding your Policy and this link where you can make Bel Air car insurance comparisons.