If you’ve never shopped for , most likely you are bewildered by the vast assortment of online companies vying for business in River Falls.
The most recommended method to compare policy rates utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like daily mileage, if you have a valid license, how old drivers are, and if you lease or own. The rating information is sent automatically to multiple different insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Well-known auto insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on television and other media. All the companies say the same thing that people will save just by switching your policy. How is it possible that every company can make the same claim?
All the different companies offer their best rates for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a profitable risk profile could be between 25 and 40, has no claims, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. A customer getting a price quote that fits those parameters receive the lowest rate quotes and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who fall outside this ideal profile will see a higher premium which translates to the customer not purchasing. The trick companies use is to say “drivers that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. Because of the profiling, drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which insurance companies will have better rates than you’re paying now.
Discounts for lower Wisconsin auto insurance rates
Some insurance providers do not list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military can result in better prices.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their compared to accident prone drivers.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable companies to monitor driving habits remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will cut your policy premiums.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include teen driver, switch companies, mature driver, good student, and multi-car.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, multiple autos, accident-free, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for teen driver discount, safety features, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, and newly retired.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance website. Wisconsin drivers can download brochures, view agent and company licensing information, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
Quote often and quote early
We covered many tips how you can shop for auto insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like high prices, being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent and even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When getting , do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.