Paying low cost rates for Snellville auto insurance could be hard for drivers not familiar with quoting and comparing prices online. People have so many different companies and agents to choose from that it can quickly become a difficult situation to find more affordable auto insurance rates.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage as often as possible since prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the lowest quotes a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best way to find great coverage at a great price.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. Locating more affordable auto insurance coverage in Snellville is simple if you know the tricks. Although Georgia drivers should learn how insurance companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied before being credited.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive better auto insurance rates.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Snellville may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course teaching driver safety skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles could be rewarded with discounted auto insurancerates on garaged vehicles.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your overall bill.
To view providers with significant discounts in Georgia, click this link.
Shopping for lower auto insurance rates can be exhausting if you aren’t aware of the easiest way. You could spend your day discussing policy coverages with agents in Snellville, or you can stay home and use the web for quick rates.
Many of the larger companies participate in a marketplace that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company then gives them pricing based on that data. This eliminates the need for quotation requests for each company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here to open in new window.
The only downside to getting quotes like this is you don’t know exactly which carriers you will receive quotes from. If you would rather choose specific providers to compare prices, we have a page of low cost auto insurance companies in Georgia. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make sure you are using nearly identical deductibles and coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Snellville. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages or limits may result in large price differences. Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes increases the change that you will find a lower rate. Some regional insurers cannot provide prices over the internet, so it’s necessary to compare rates from them as well.
Smart consumers can reduce your rates
Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are more transparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- Teenage driver insurance premiums – Teenage drivers in Georgia are statistically proven to be more careless in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older people have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims , and usually have better credit.
- Fewer miles means better costs – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy shows annual mileage.
- Big cities mean more claims – Living in a rural area may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have to deal with congested traffic and more severe claims. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Economy passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher auto insurance rates – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Georgia motor vehicle department.
- Costs also based on gender – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both cause fender benders at about the same rate, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Georgia?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is Georgia a no-fault state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Local Snellville car insurance agents and auto insurance
A small number of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Snellville that can give you for your business. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are they full-time agents?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Snellville are classified as either independent agents or captive agents depending on their employer.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Listed below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in Snellville who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance – 2275 Oak Rd # A – Snellville, GA 30078 – (770) 972-9494
- State Farm Insurance – 1933 E Main St – Snellville, GA 30078 – (770) 985-4747
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, you need to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a list of independent agents in Snellville who can help you get price quote information.
- Cotton States Insurance – 2285 Oak Rd – Snellville, GA 30078 – (770) 972-9415
- Greater Atlanta Insurance – 3761 Highway 78 W # C – Snellville, GA 30039 – (770) 736-8776
- Alexander General Agency – 2151 Fountain Dr – Snellville, GA 30078 – (678) 344-1733
- Jackson and King Agency – 2331 Henry Clower Blvd – Snellville, GA 30078 – (770) 982-9615
- Aycox Agency – 2752 Main St W – Snellville, GA 30078 – (770) 982-9500
To view more auto insurance agents in Snellville, you can link to this directory of Snellville auto insurance agents.
Brand name doesn’t guarantee savings
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads in print and on television. All the companies advertise the message that drivers will save a bundle if you just switch your coverage. That’s great but how can every company save you money? This is the way they can do it.
Insurance companies give the cheapest rates for a prospective insured that will most likely be profitable. For example, this type of driver might be described as over the age of 45, owns their home, and drives a safe vehicle. A driver that matches those criteria will get the preferred prices and will probably save if they switch.
Drivers who cannot meet this stringent profile must pay a more expensive rate and this can result in the customer buying from a different company. The trick companies use is to say “drivers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s why companies can truthfully make those statements. This illustrates why you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will have the best prices.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to reduce auto insurance rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced auto insurance can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agencies.
Even more information can be found at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Visitors are able to view agent and company licensing information, find out which companies have the most complaints, and read consumer alerts.