Saving money on Beavercreek auto insurance is challenging for consumers new to comparing rates online. Drivers have so many options that it can be more work than you anticipated to find the best price in Beavercreek.
Consumers should take time to compare rates yearly because rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the lowest price last year you will most likely find a better rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance online, so I’m going to show you some excellent ideas to save money.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
Comprehensive Beavercreek Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Finding a lower price on insurance can be quick and easy. Drivers just need to take the time to get quotes from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- One of the best ways to get quotes is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating separate quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. Just one form will return price quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A more difficult way to shop for auto insurance online requires you to visit each individual company website to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want rates from Allstate, Farmers and GMAC. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Beavercreek, click here.
- The least efficient method to compare rates is to spend your day driving to different agent offices. Shopping for auto insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the professional guidance of a local agent. It is possible to compare the best prices online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll touch on that later.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare identical quote information for each price quote. If you have different deductibles it’s not possible to make a fair comparison in Beavercreek.
What impacts Beavercreek insurance rates?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine prices.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Young drivers have a tendency to be less responsible in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Where you live – Being located in a small town has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large Ohio cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Even one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. If you have serious violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more you drive each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your auto insurance policy shows the correct driver usage.
- Sex matters – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. They both tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – The majority of auto insurance companies will give a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability coverage is the protection if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Quote online but work with a neighborhood agent
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you may find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in Beavercreek.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to companies in Beavercreek who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. It doesn’t get any easier!
The different types of insurance agents
When researching a local agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Beavercreek can either be captive or independent. Both types can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company but rather can write business with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you should always get quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Beavercreek who can help you get price quotes.
- Alan Petzoldt Agency – 1042 Joffre Pl – Beavercreek, OH 45430 – (937) 426-9571
- Brian E Lampton Agency – 1326 Parkway Ct – Beavercreek, OH 45432 – (937) 427-8444
- Beavercreek Insurance – 3151 New Germany Trebein Rd – Beavercreek, OH 45431 – (937) 427-1420
- Reichley Insurance – 2440 Dayton Xenia Rd # A – Beavercreek, OH 45434 – (937) 429-0655
Captive insurance agents are contracted to one company such as Allstate, AAA, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captives are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from captive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are Beavercreek captive insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – – Beavercreek, OH 45434 – (937) 426-7676
- State Farm Insurance – 1518 Marsetta Dr – Beavercreek, OH 45432 – (937) 426-4296
To view a complete directory of captive insurance agents in Beavercreek, visit this site.
Picking an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Once you have satisfactory answers as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an insurance agent that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
One last thing about your coverage
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can compare auto insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver and even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
For more information
Much more information about auto insurance in Ohio is available on the Ohio Department of Insurance website found here. Ohio consumers can read consumer alerts, find out which companies have the most complaints, and learn about insurance regulations.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Beavercreek