If you are new to online car insurance, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the vast assortment of online companies competing for business in Traverse City.
Michigan car insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list every disount available very well, so we researched some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Senior Discount – Seniors could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Club Memberships – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
A few companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
When quoting, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to view car insurance companies with discount rates in Michigan, click here to view.
The quickest way to get rate comparisons utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is give them some information like an estimate of your credit level, how much school you completed, if you’re married, and if a SR-22 is required. That rating information is then sent to multiple car insurance providers and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and complete the quick form.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
Low-cost car insurance is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions and high prices. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be less work than you think.