Confused by the dozens of car insurance options in Berlin? Lot’s of other consumers are too. You have so many options that it can quickly become more work than you anticipated to find lower rates.
Save big with these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount depending on your company.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To choose providers with discount car insurance rates in Berlin, click here.
Get Cheaper Rates by Understanding Pricing
It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower car insurance prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine premiums.
- Older drivers save more – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers tend to be less responsible in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability coverage provides coverage when you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When buying adequate coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What are the best liability limits?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Compare online but buy from a local Berlin agent
Some people prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Berlin who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. How’s that for easy! You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-115.jpg" alt="Berlin New Hampshire car insurance quote”/>
Deciding on a company should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long has their agency been in business in Berlin?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Berlin insurance agents come in two flavors
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents to choose from. Berlin agents are classified as either captive or independent.
These agents are contracted to one company such as State Farm, AAA and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Captives are well schooled on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only choose to use a captive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Berlin who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Croteau Agency – 324 Main St – Berlin, NH 03570 – (603) 752-2304
To view a full list of Berlin insurance agents, go to this page.
After getting good answers to these questions and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to provide car insurance coverage.
Can switching companies really save?
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and Geico constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the ads make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you switch to them. But how can every company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a profitable customer might be a mature driver, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. A customer who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who fall outside this ideal profile must pay higher prices and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can claim big savings. This illustrates why it’s extremely important to get quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will have the lowest rates.
Online resources for education
More tips and info about car insurance is available at the New Hampshire Insurance Department website. New Hampshire consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find a variety of consumer forms, and find disaster information.
More related Berlin car insurance information:
Better coverage you can count on
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to compare car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
Lower-priced car insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood Berlin agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.