If you’re looking for cheaper insurance online, do you get frustrated by the dozens of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? You have so many choices that it can really be a lot of work to find a more affordable company. Waverly is the perfect city to reside in, but high auto insurance premiums can make it very difficult to be able to afford adequate auto insurance coverage limits.
It’s important to get comparison quotes occasionally since insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest premium rates last year you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you one of the best ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
Most companies like Allstate and Progressive allow you to get insurance quotes direct online. Getting quotes can be done by anyone as you simply enter into a form. Once entered, the quote system requests your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on many factors.
This helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to a lot of sites and type in the same information is a waste of time. But it’s necessary to perform this step in order to find a lower rate.
There is a better way!
A less time-consuming method to find better auto insurance pricing uses just one form that gets price quotes from many companies. The form is fast, requires much less work on your part, and makes online price comparison much simpler. After sending your information, your coverage is rated and you can choose your choice of the quotes that you receive.
If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, click here to open in a new tab and submit your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will receive a price comparison for similar coverage.
Iowa auto insurance discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Student in College – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less can qualify you for better auto insurancerates on cars that stay parked.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Waverly may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-24.jpg" alt="Waverly Iowa car insurance“/>
Auto insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Waverly. To see auto insurance companies who offer online auto insurance quotes in Iowa, follow this link.
Insurance agencies can help
Many people still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agents is still important in Waverly.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that can provide for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agents to choose from. Agents can either be captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you include price quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below are independent agents in Waverly who may be able to give you price quote information.
- BCM Agency Inc – 111 1st Ave SE – Waverly, IA 50677 – (319) 352-1863
- Dick Grant Insurance – 310 W Bremer Ave – Waverly, IA 50677 – (319) 352-1211
- Walston-Davis-Byl Insurance – 201 E Bremer Ave – Waverly, IA 50677 – (319) 352-2880
Captive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Captives cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are captive agencies in Waverly that can give you comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – 408 W Bremer Ave # A – Waverly, IA 50677 – (319) 352-5530
- State Farm Insurance – 115 1st Ave NE – Waverly, IA 50677 – (319) 352-6674
To see available agents near you, here is a list of Waverly Iowa auto insurance providers.
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Iowa?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the Iowa Insurance Division website. Click here for link. Consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, find a variety of consumer forms, and read industry bulletins.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
You just read a lot of tips how to compare auto insurance car insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices or even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.