Did you make the mistake of buying high-priced car insurance? Don’t sweat it because you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse. Lots of car insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and uncover the absolute best rates possible.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates at least once a year because prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad advice regarding car insurance online, but I’m going to show you a lot of great tips on how to slash your car insurance rates.
Take policy discounts and save
Car insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before being credited.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Online Discount – A handful of companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on the internet.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Multi-line Discount – Select car insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles could earn substantially lower rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow their car insurance company to look at driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for teen driver, alternative fuel, switch companies, distant student, good student, and youthful driver.
- Esurance has discounts for claim free, multi-policy, defensive driver, safety device, emergency road assistance, homeowner, and paid-in-full.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, anti-theft, student away at school, good student, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, driver training, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and good student.
- Allstate offers discounts for eSmart discount, auto/life discount, teenSMART discount, multi-policy, passive restraint, and economy car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Clover.
The best way we recommend to get policy rate comparisons is to realize most of the larger companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them some information like types of safety features, driver details, if you’re married, and the year, make and model of vehicles. Your rating data is instantly provided to insurance companies and you will get price comparisons instantly to find the best rate.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and complete the quick form.
Quote often and quote early
You just learned many tips how you can lower your car insurance auto insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Cheap car insurance can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Clover, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don’t offer rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.