Getting more affordable Charlestown car insurance on the web is problematic for consumers not familiar with comparing prices on the web. With so many insurance agents and online companies, how are we expected to be able to compare them all to find the lowest price available?
Lower the price of car insurance with these tips
Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the things car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Safety first – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your car is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Low mileage costs less – Driving more miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance coverage is showing the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent policy claims – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Rhode Island provide better rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Younger driver insurance rates – Teen drivers in Rhode Island have a tendency to be more careless in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a first-time driver onto your car insurance can cause a big jump in price. Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims , and are generally more financially stable.
All the larger car insurance companies provide coverage prices direct online. Comparing prices online is easy for anyone as you simply type in your coverage information on the page. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on these and other factors.
Quoting online simplifies rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit each company’s website and repetitively type in the same information can be a bit repetitive. But it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the lowest car insurance rates.
There is an easier way!
The preferred way to find better car insurance pricing uses one simple form that gets price quotes from several different companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes price shopping online much simpler. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any one of the quote results. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. It only takes a few minutes and can result in significant savings.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in a new tab and begin entering your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you . If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Charlestown Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on car insurance.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- 21st Century may include discounts for automatic seat belts, 55 and older, early bird, driver training, student driver, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, good student, accident-free, student away at school, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- AAA has savings for good student, AAA membership discount, multi-car, good driver, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for hybrid vehicle, safety features, new graduate, newly married, and multi-car.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To choose providers with the best car insurance discounts in Charlestown, follow this link.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Many people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Charlestown who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent should be willing to answer these questions.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How long has their agency been open in Charlestown?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Rhode Island?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Captive and independent Charlestown car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Charlestown agents are categorized either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Captive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Captive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to compare prices from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Charlestown who can help you get price quotes.
- Insurance Designers Of Ne – 37 Narrow Ln – Charlestown, RI 02813 – (401) 364-6878
To choose from more licensed insurance agents in Charlestown, you may want to visit this full listing of Charlestown car insurance agents.
After getting reasonable responses to these questions and a low price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the Rhode Island Division of Insurance Regulation website. Rhode Island consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, get help finding coverage, view a list of available companies, and find disaster information.
The following articles may also be useful.
And the best car insurance company is…
We just covered many ways to compare car insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers and even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
Lower-priced car insurance is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Charlestown agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.