Cutting costs on Baxter Springs car insurance could be a challenge for drivers not familiar with quoting and comparing prices online. With so many agents and insurers available, it can easily become a difficult mission to find the perfect company for you.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around at least once a year because car insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best rate two years ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to find great coverage at a great price.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. This article will help you learn the most effective way to quote insurance. Kansas consumers only need an understanding of the best way to compare price quotes on the web.
Get affordable Baxter Springs car insurance with discounts
Some providers don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a driver safety class could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Online Discount – Many car insurance companies will give a small break digitally online.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and place coverage with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow data collection to analyze their driving habits by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Low Mileage – Driving less could be rewarded with discounted car insurancerates on garaged vehicles.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
Some companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
Double check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available in your state. If you would like to view car insurance companies who offer cheap car insurance quotes in Baxter Springs, click this link.
Local Baxter Springs insurance agents
Many people prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Baxter Springs who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just a low price. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How are they compensated?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they full-time agents?
Choose the right car insurance agent
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they function. Agencies in Baxter Springs are categorized either independent (non-captive) or captive. Both write car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it can impact the selection process.
Captive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Captive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of captive insurance agents in Baxter Springs that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 2936 Military Ave – Baxter Springs, KS 66713 – (620) 856-2678
- American Family Insurance – 1022 Military Ave – Baxter Springs, KS 66713 – (620) 856-3506
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Baxter Springs willing to provide price quote information.
- Rob Burns Insurance – 1501 Military Ave – Baxter Springs, KS 66713 – (620) 856-5179
- Steve Fellers Insurance – 2305 Cleveland Ave – Baxter Springs, KS 66713 – (620) 856-5536
- Kingrey-Kellum Agency Inc – 1100 Military Ave – Baxter Springs, KS 66713 – (620) 856-2452
To view more licensed insurance agents in Baxter Springs, click for a list of insurance agents in Baxter Springs, KS.
Online resources for education
Additional detailed information can be found at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and file complaints about a company.
Additional helpful sites include NAIC.org’s Understanding your Policy and this page for help finding agents in Baxter Springs, KS.
Quote often and quote early
When trying to cut insurance costs, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be less work than you think.
Lower-priced car insurance can be purchased on the web and from local agencies, so you need to with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.