Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an expensive car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of people in the same boat. Many insurance companies vie for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every provider and uncover the absolute best price available.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using this information. Finding the best rates in Nephi is not that difficult. Nevertheless, Utah vehicle owners do need to understand the way insurance companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Find hidden discounts on Utah car insurance
Companies don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you . If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Early Signing – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you .
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will provide an incentive for signing up over the internet.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, good driver, claim-free
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include type of vehicle, multi-car, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, good driver, ease of repair, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide may include discounts for family plan, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, and business or organization.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, military active duty, multi-policy, federal employee, and driver training.
- AAA has discounts for multi-policy, education and occupation, anti-theft, good student, good driver, and multi-car.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurers with the best car insurance discounts in Nephi, click this link.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Nephi auto insurance agents?
A lot of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Nephi that can provide and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking an company requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any agent should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Nephi
When looking for an insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Agencies in Nephi can be categorized as either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents have only one company to place business with like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Captive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a list of captive agencies in Nephi willing to provide price quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 691 N Main St – Nephi, UT 84648 – (435) 623-2133
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Nephi that are able to give price quote information.
Nebo-Leavitt Insurance Inc – 48 N Main St # 2 – Nephi, UT 84648 – (435) 623-1830
For more licensed insurance agents in Nephi, view this full listing of Nephi insurance agencies.
Additional consumer information websites
Additional detailed information can be read at the Utah Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to view a list of available companies, learn about insurance regulations, and read industry bulletins.
Don’t give up on lower rates
When searching for , it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered many ways to compare car insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Cost effective car insurance is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.