Overwhelmed by the dozens of auto insurance company choices in Williamsburg? You have a lot of company. Drivers have so many choices that it can be a lot of work to locate the lowest price.
How to Get Cheap Auto Insurance in Williamsburg, Virginia
Shopping for lower auto insurance rates can take hours if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way. You could spend your day discussing policy coverages with agents in Williamsburg, or you can stay home and use the web to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Many of the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit their information once, and at least one company provides a quote based on that information. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions to every company. To participate in this free quote system, click to open in new window.
The single downside to using this type of form is you cannot specify the companies to receive prices from. If you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we put together a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Virginia. Click here for list of insurance companies in Virginia.
It’s up to you which method you use, but double check that you are using identical deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If you are comparing mixed coverages you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate in Williamsburg.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Do no-fault laws apply in Virginia?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Virginia?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Buying car insurance locally
Some people would rather visit with an insurance agent. Agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local businesses is important especially in Williamsburg.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Williamsburg who will return price quotes to get your business. You don’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to your email. How’s that for easy!
Types of insurance agencies in Williamsburg
When looking for a reliable agent, there are two types of agencies that you can select. Agents are categorized either independent or captive. While both can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company but instead can place your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.Most can insure with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Williamsburg that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Benefits Assurance Agency – 337 Mclaws Cir – Williamsburg, VA 23185 – (757) 564-8595
- Brooks Agency – 110 Westover Ave – Williamsburg, VA 23185 – (757) 229-5757
- Michael C Rock Agency – 119 Colony Sq – Williamsburg, VA 23185 – (757) 564-8901
- Benschoten and Carter Insurance – 645 Penniman Rd – Williamsburg, VA 23185 – (757) 229-0800
- Mike Pharo Insurance – 272 Archers Mead – Williamsburg, VA 23185 – (757) 229-6200
Captive insurance agents write business for a single company and examples are American Family, Liberty Mutual and AAA. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only purchase coverage from captives mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are captive agents in Williamsburg who can help you get rate quotes.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 240 Mclaws Cir – Williamsburg, VA 23185 – (757) 258-0338
- State Farm Insurance – 1318 Jamestown Rd # 103 – Williamsburg, VA 23185 – (757) 229-2961
- Allstate Insurance – 4808 Courthouse St – Williamsburg, VA 23188 – (757) 229-5300
- Farmers Insurance Group – 108 Tewning Rd – Williamsburg, VA 23188 – (757) 229-5500
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 151 Kristiansand Dr # B – Williamsburg, VA 23188 – (757) 564-3929
For a complete listing of auto insurance agents in Williamsburg, click here to link.
Deciding on a car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Once you have received positive feedback to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you may have just found a car insurance agent that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
More sites with auto insurance information
Additional auto insurance information is available on the Virginia Bureau of Insurance website found here. Virginia consumers can file complaints about a company, learn about specific coverages, learn about insurance regulations, and read industry bulletins.