Confused by the crazy number of auto insurance company choices in Buxton? Lot’s of other consumers are too. There are so many choices that it can quickly become a challenge to find better rates.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes every six months because prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best price six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. So forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use the internet to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Quotes in Buxton, ME
Most companies quote prices for coverage on the web. The process doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system requests your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on these factors.
Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit a lot of sites and type in the same information is not the best way to spend an afternoon. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step in order to get the best price possible.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
The quickest way to compare rates uses one form to obtain quotes from more than one company. This type of form saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online quotes much easier to do. Immediately after you send the form, it is rated and you can select any of the quote results.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
If you want to compare rates using this form now, click here and enter your information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
These discounts can slash auto insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before being credited.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when buying auto insurance.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
For a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Maine, click here.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Additional resources for Maine consumers
Additional auto insurance information is located on the Maine Bureau of Insurance website found here. Maine drivers can find disaster information, read consumer alerts, and download brochures.
Other useful links include this online resource for free quotes in Maine and this list of agents in Buxton, ME.