Finding the lowest cost Blackwell auto insurance over the internet can seem to be challenging for people not familiar with shopping for insurance online. With so many insurance agents and companies competing online, how can people possibly compare them all to find better auto insurance prices?
It is always a good idea to quote other rates on a regular basis because prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the lowest price two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the quickest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Make smart decisions and save money
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower rates.
- Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that can waste your money on your policy. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, towing, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Does car insurance cost less for women? – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Men and women are in auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- Where you live can affect rates – Having an address in a small town can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Less people translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. Residents of big cities have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Some auto insurance companies provide discounts to buyers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Older people are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure and are safer drivers.Teen drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Always have auto insurance – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Oklahoma DMV.
- Insurance claims cost money – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Oklahoma provide the best rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- How do annual miles impact rates? – The more miles you rack up on your car in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance coverage is showing the right rating data, because it can save money.
There are a lot of ways to compare auto insurance prices but one way is easier and takes less work. You can waste hours talking about coverages with local insurance agents in Blackwell, or you could save time and use online quoting to maximize your effort.
Many of the larger companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to enter their coverage request one time, and each company then returns a price quote for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions to each company.
To compare pricing click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to getting quotes like this is you can’t choose which providers to receive prices from. So if you prefer to pick from a list of companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of low cost auto insurance companies in Oklahoma. Click to view list.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just be sure you’re using equivalent coverage limits for each price quote. If you use different liability limits you will not be able to get a fair rate comparison in Blackwell.
Don’t miss with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may receive a discount up to 10%.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Theft Deterent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child sucessfully take a drivers education course in school.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- 21st Century offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, teen driver, homeowners, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, good student, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide may include discounts for accident-free, defensive driving, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, business or organization, and good student.
- Esurance has savings for DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, paid-in-full, and claim free.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for driver training, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, and good student.
When getting , it’s a good idea to each company or agent to give you their best rates. Savings may not be available in Blackwell. To choose insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Independent versus captive insurance agencies
Certain consumers just want to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Blackwell.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Blackwell who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below is a short list of car insurance companies in Blackwell that may be willing to give comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 119 W Blackwell Ave # A, Blackwell, OK 74631 – (580) 363-2244
For a comprehensive directory of auto insurance agents in Blackwell, here is a complete selection of Blackwell Oklahoma auto insurance providers.
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Additional auto insurance information is available on the . Click here for link. Consumers can discover disciplinary actions, get help finding coverage, download brochures, and read industry bulletins.
Other informative sites include this page for auto insurance in Oklahoma and this page where you can research Blackwell insurance agents.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
You just read quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on auto insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.