When looking for cheaper insurance, are you frustrated by the sheer number of car insurance choices that you can choose from? You’re not alone. Consumers have so many options that it can quickly become a burden to find the perfect company for you. Everyone knows Flowood has lots to offer, but budgeting for expensive car insurance makes it impossible to make ends meet.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Flowood is not rocket science. In a nutshell, every driver who buys car insurance will more than likely be able to reduce their rates. But Mississippi vehicle owners do need to learn how big insurance companies compete online.
How to lower your car insurance rates
Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other criteria are more transparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a sure-fire way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Save money with alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop vehicle theft.
- A good credit history can save money – An insured’s credit rating is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by improving your rating. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts – Lots of insurers allow a discount to people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still find a better deal by buying from different companies
- Do you really need the extra policy coverages? – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details including if you lease or own, how many miles driven, coverage limits, and driver details. Your information is then sent to insurance companies and you receive quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
Don’t miss these discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both the well known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you .
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could be rewarded with discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course in defensive driving could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you with some car insurance companies.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their as compared to drivers with claims.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will help reduce your car insurance premiums.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer these benefits possibly include:
When getting , it’s a good idea to every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not be available in your state. To see a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Flowood, click this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Flowood insurance agent
Many people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Flowood who will give you quotes to get your business. You never need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Flowood?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- What company do they have the most business with?
When looking for a good Flowood insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Flowood are considered either independent agents or captive agents.
Captive Car Insurance Agents
Captive agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Captive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captives receive extensive training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only choose to use a captive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
The following are Flowood captive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 101 Lake Ct # B – Flowood, MS 39232 – (601) 362-4100
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 1001 Treetops Blvd # A – Flowood, MS 39232 – (601) 932-2500
- Shelter Insurance – 3500 Lakeland Dr # 503 – Flowood, MS 39232 – (601) 932-8022
- Allstate Insurance – 4331 Lakeland Dr – Flowood, MS 39232 – (601) 664-6565
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Flowood willing to provide rate quotes.
- Nowell Agency – 105 Katherine Dr – Flowood, MS 39232 – (601) 932-7116
- Zurich-American Insurance Co – 2829 Lakeland Dr # 1503 – Flowood, MS 39232 – (601) 939-0440
- Lowery Insurance – 1307 Airport Rd N # 3a – Flowood, MS 39232 – (601) 932-1970
- Greenhill Agency Assoc – 660 Katherine Dr # 302 – Flowood, MS 39232 – (601) 932-6020
For more Flowood insurance agents, visit this list of Flowood, MS insurance agencies.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Flowood?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Additional detailed information is available at the Mississippi Insurance Department website. Mississippi consumers can view agent and company licensing information, read industry bulletins, read consumer alerts, and learn about specific coverages.
Leave no stone unturned
Some insurance providers may not have online quoting smaller providers work with independent insurance agents. Affordable car insurance is available both online in addition to many Flowood insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
In this article, we presented many ways to compare car insurance auto insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.