Nobody likes paying for auto insurance, particularly when the price is too high. Companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s smart to price shop coverage quite often because insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best price a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. So just ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest and easiest way to save on auto insurance.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Finding the best rates in Saco is easy if you know what you’re doing. Maine drivers just need to understand the tricks to find the lowest price on the web.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known auto insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Saco, click here to view.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-69.jpg" alt="lower rates in Maine” />
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Maine consumers can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. All the ads make an identical promise about savings after switching your policy.
How do they all make almost identical claims?
All companies have a preferred profile for the driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a preferred risk might be profiled as a mature driver, has no prior claims, and has a short commute. A customer who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t meet these standards will have to pay higher premiums which usually ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. Because of the profiling, drivers should get as many quotes as possible. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Learn more about Maine auto insurance
More detailed Maine auto insurance information can be read at the Maine Bureau of Insurance website. Maine consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, get help finding coverage, and view a list of available companies.
Other informative sites include Auto Insurance 101 and this page on QuoteClickInsure.com.
Better coverage you can count on
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Affordable auto insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Saco, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.