Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance can drain your personal savings and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to cut your insurance bill. Online insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance increase brand awareness with catchy ads and it can be hard to ignore the promise of big savings and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Finding the best rates in Waukegan is not that difficult. Illinois consumers only need to know the most effective way to get comparison rates on the web.
How to Compare Auto Insurance in Waukegan
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can be exhausting if you don’t understand the best way to get rate quotes. You can spend your afternoon talking to insurance agencies in Waukegan, or you could save time and use online quoting to get prices fast.
The majority of car insurance companies take part in a program where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and each participating company provides a quote based on that information. This eliminates the need for quote requests for each company.
To find out what other companies charge click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to getting quotes like this is you are unable to specify the insurers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to compare, we put together a list of companies who write auto insurance in Illinois. Click here for list of insurance companies in Illinois.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you’re using exactly the same coverage limits on every quote you get. If your comparisons have different values for each quote it will be very difficult to determine the best price in Waukegan.
Take discounts and save
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every discount very well, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when buying auto insurance.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in driver safety could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To choose insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Illinois, click here.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Waukegan?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Illinois?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Even more information can be found at the Illinois Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, get help finding coverage, and find a variety of consumer forms.
Other related articles: