Price shopping your Ranchester car insurance can seem to be difficult for drivers not familiar with online rate comparisons. Consumers have so many different companies and agents to choose from that it can quickly become a burden to locate the lowest price in Wyoming.
The quickest method to compare rates utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to quote your coverage. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information such as whether you are single or married, how much coverage you want, the ages of drivers, and how much school you completed. The rating information is instantly submitted to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
To find lower rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
Car insurance advertising gotchas
Wyoming consumers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price car insurance by State Farm and Allstate. They all make the point that you can save if you switch your car insurance coverage to their company.
That’s great but how can every company save you money? Here is how they do it.
Many companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For example, a profitable insured could possibly be a mature driver, has few claims, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Anybody who matches that profile will get the preferred prices as well as save a lot if they switch.
Insureds who do not match the “perfect” profile must pay a more expensive rate and this can result in the customer buying from someone else. If you listen closely, the ads state “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great premium rates.
Because of these techniques, drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It is just not possible to predict which company will have the lowest rates.
You have control over your car insurance premiums
Lots of things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The list below includes a few of the things car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Certain occupations pay higher premiums – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs like lawyersairline pilots and accountants generally have higher rates than average due to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, jobs like actors, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Extra coverages can cost a lot – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and membership fees are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Combine home and auto and save – Some insurers provide discounts to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still be able to find better rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Careless drivers pay higher prices – Having just one moving violation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Careful drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. People who have careless tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – The liability section of your policy kicks in in the event that you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Lower rates for married couples – Your spouse can get you a discount on car insurance. It means you’re more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
Use discounts to get cheaper Wyoming car insurance quotes
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Early Signing – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- GEICO has discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include location of vehicle, ease of repair, good driver, multi-policy, annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, alternative fuel, switch companies, pay in full, teen driver, bundle discounts, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for paperless, teen driver, anti-theft, safe driver, safe vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for good student, multi-car, multi-policy, teen driver discount, newly married, exclusive group savings, and safety features.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and homeowner.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- USAA includes discounts for multi-vehicle, annual mileage, multi-policy, new vehicle, good student, vehicle storage, and family discount.
If you need , ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply in Ranchester. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer free car insurance quotes in Wyoming, click here to view.
You can find cheaper coverage
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium or even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be less work than you think.
The cheapest car insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Ranchester, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies.
When you , you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information is available on the website for the Wyoming Insurance Department. Click here for link. Consumers can learn about specific coverages, read state legal mandates and laws, view a list of available companies, and download brochures.