Trying to find cheaper Greenville auto insurance is nearly impossible for drivers who are beginners to online rate comparisons. There are so many agents and companies to choose from that it can turn into more work than you anticipated to lower your rates.
You need to shop coverage around at least once a year since insurance rates change regularly. Just because you found the best rate a year ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the tricks you need to know to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Finding low cost auto insurance quotes is actually quite simple. All you need to do is take a few minutes getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished by using one of the methods below.
- The fastest and easiest way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This method keeps you from doing multiple quote forms for every auto insurance company. One quote request gets insurance cost estimates from auto insurance companies with the best prices. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online is to manually visit the website for each individual company and go through the quote process again. For instance, we’ll assume you want rates from Progressive, Allstate and GMAC. You would have to go to each individual site and repeatedly enter your information, which can get old fast.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Greenville, click here.
- If you have time to kill, the last method to comparison shop rate quotes is actually driving to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for auto insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional guidance only provided by licensed agents. You can, however, price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The method you choose is up to you, but ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage information with each company. If you enter higher or lower deductibles it will be impossible to determine the best price in Greenville.
Auto insurance companies offer many discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be significant discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but a few need to be asked about before being credited.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Libery Mutual, Geico and Allstate will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies give discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To choose insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Greenville, click here.
Eight ways to quote auto insurance more affordably in Greenville
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings. Many factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Women tend to cost less – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women get in fender benders at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Being married brings a discount – Being married can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. It usually means you are more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Tough vocation may mean higher premiums – Careers like military personnel, architects and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates attributed to intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, jobs like professors, historians and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Buy as much liability as you can afford – Liability insurance will protect you when you are responsible for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Cautious drivers have lower costs – A bad driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Attentive drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have flagrant tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Car plus home equals more savings – The majority of auto insurance companies allow discounts to insureds that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- Save by driving less – The more you drive your car in a year’s time the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars that have low annual miles cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Verify your vehicle rating correctly shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Insurance agents can help
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you for your business. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How are claims handled?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Michigan?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
To make it easy to find an insurance agency in your neighborhood, please visit this page of auto insurance agents in Greenville.
After getting good feedback to any questions you have as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found a company that is reliable enough to adequately provide auto insurance.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What are Michigan no-fault laws?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Even more information can be found at the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation website. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, report car insurance fraud, and file complaints about a company.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Greenville
- Proven Techniques for Comparing Cheaper Greenville South Carolina Auto Insurance
- Is Your Greenville Car Insurance Leaving a Hole in Your Pocket?
- Greenville, NC Car Insurance For Less Than Youre Paying Now
Best coverage at the best price
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to lower your auto insurance premium rates. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver or even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.