Finding better rates for Raymond auto insurance is always hard for consumers new to buying insurance online. Drivers have so many options that it can easily become a ton of work to compare prices in Raymond.
This article will help educate you on how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. But New Hampshire car owners do need to know how big insurance companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Cheap Raymond Auto Insurance Comparisons
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from local in Raymond, NHauto insurance companies. One of the best ways to find the lowest rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The most efficient way to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. One form will get you price quotes from multiple companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A less efficient way to find lower rates requires a visit to each company’s website to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, we’ll assume you want rates from USAA, Liberty Mutual and Farmers. You would have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Raymond, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to compare rates is to spend time driving to local Raymond insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the trained guidance of a local Raymond agent. Drivers can compare online quotes and still use a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using the exact same coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If you enter mixed coverages then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best in Raymond. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies helps you find the best price.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Auto insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO regularly use television and radio advertisements. They all make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you move to them. How do they all make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will get very good rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will be charged a higher premium which leads to business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do.
That is why it is so important to get quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to predict which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Factors that affect insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
The following are some of the items used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Careers like doctors, business owners and dentists tend to have the highest average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as scientists, historians and retirees receive lower rates.
- Mature drivers pay less – More mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers tend to be less responsible when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance companies in New Hampshire provide cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women have accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
More discounts equal less premium
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but a few need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your policy.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
To choose insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Raymond, click here to view.
When might I need help?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
But don’t I need an insurance agent?
A small number of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agencies is especially important in Raymond.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. Now that’s easy! You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Types of insurance agents
When researching a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Raymond can either be captive or independent (non-captive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not locked into one company but instead can place your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Below are Raymond independent agents who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Stewart Limited/Insurance Mgmt – 10 Freetown Rd – Raymond, NH 03077 – (603) 895-2200
- Headd Agency – 39 Freetown Rd – Raymond, NH 03077 – (603) 895-1330
- Annis-Rajchel Insurance Inc – 74 Main St – Raymond, NH 03077 – (603) 895-4766
This type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Captive agencies are trained well in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often choose to use a captive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Choosing an insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- How long has their agency been open in Raymond?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
After getting good answers to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that will adequately provide auto insurance.
Smart consumers save more
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, denial of a claim, poor customer service and delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
Cost effective auto insurance is definitely available on the web and with local Raymond insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
More resources for learning
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the New Hampshire Insurance Department website located here. New Hampshire drivers can find disaster information, learn about insurance regulations, and file complaints about a company.